Closed at $349,000
Note: This property is not currently for sale or for rent on beycome. The description below may be from a previous listing.
The Maxwell House, rich with history, was built in 1915 by C.H. Maxwell, the County doctor. He is believed to have delivered over 6,000 babies from 1903 until the early 1960's in North Florida and South Georgia. The property was purchased by Larry & Denise Williams in 1982. The Williams' undertook a major renovation modernizing the house and filling it with beautiful antiques, including an 1863 Chickering baby grand piano, which still fill the house. During the latter years of the Williams' ownership the Maxwell House was operated as a bed & breakfast. In 2004, the Maxwell House was purchased by Charlie & Sheree Lee, who operated it as an event venue for several years. Since 2012, the Lees have lived at the house and grown organic vegetables which they sold to a handful of Tallahassee's finest restaurants. The Maxwell House is surrounded by almost 10 acres of pecan trees on both sides of Old Highway 179 South.
•Built in: 1915
•Lot size: 9.63 Acres
Hvac: Central AC & Electric Heating