Examples can be:
- A fraudulent or forged prior deed
- Any unpaid taxes
- A contractor leaves a lien on the property
- A name on the deed is incorrect
- A past notary forgot to sign one of the documents
- A mortgage was never paid off
- Unpaid HELOCs (home equity line of credit)
- Judgement liens against the seller
- Assessments were not paid
These or any other flaws could impact the ownership of your home without title insurance.
Learn more about what are some examples of charges including in closing?