The prime real estate should be showcased with exceptional marketing materials. Whether it’s yard signs or social media posts, you need a way to make your house look and feel exclusive before a person ever steps inside. Fortunately, you don’t need any previous experience to get started. So don’t worry, non-designers, there are a ton of ways to make memorable, eye-catching graphics for your FRBO or FSBO marketing plan. Beycome offers marketing tools and helpful tips to reach your ideal audience and advertise well.
What Should I Design?
Most people will hang up a few flyers to sell their house, but with today’s easy-to-use online tools, you can do so much more. Use a mixture of print and digital graphics to increase your property’s visibility and boost exposure. Here are the types of real estate marketing graphics you might put together for a successful FSBO or FRBO deal:
- Yard signs. While traditional designs for yard signs are often templated and straightforward, you can customize your sign to get more foot traffic. beycome’s FSBO and FRBO services include a personalized yard sign display. It comes with a custom QR code that takes prospectives to your property’s online site.
- Flyers. These come in a variety of shapes and sizes, so you have the freedom to add more photos and a bit of creative flair. beycome offers a flyer tool so you can create your own flyers or simply edit our existing templates. Use your home printer to make as many copies as you want.
- Brochures. Tri-fold brochures give you six different panels to work with, so use them wisely. Print and fold a mockup first to see that the design lines up correctly.
- Social media posts. Networks require different sizes for graphics, like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and more. Make sure your design fits their dimensions! Here’s how to share your home on social media through beycome.
- Website banners. If you have a personal website or popular blog, a great design shows off your house to more than just your local neighborhood.
- Email graphics. When someone sends you an inquiry through email, send them a pre-made graphic that won’t end up in their deleted folder.
What Goes in the Design?
No matter how overwhelmed you may feel with design, simply remember that the goal of any real estate graphic is a sale. As long as you keep getting calls, you’re one step closer to a FSBO or FRBO success. To get these calls, make sure your contact information is prominent. Include the full address of the property as well as your preferred phone number and email.
Depending on the type of graphic you’re making and the space it allows, you can add a short, basic description of the property. For example:
Renovated Condo for Sale
2 Beds 2 Baths 1,200 sqft
100 North Ocean’s Way in Miami
Updated Gourmet Kitchen and Baths
Just Steps Away From the Beach
Pool and Barbeque on the Deck
Your New Florida Home – FSBO
When doing For Sale By Owner (FSBO) or For Rent By Owner (FRBO), your first instinct may be to write about every single feature your property has, but “clutter” can get distracting. You want buyers to know about the most important features first. It helps if you write out the text before starting the design. This will help you visualize what it will look like in the end.
The most exciting parts of your graphics are photos. Real estate brochures and flyers will give you plenty of space for a few bold snapshots.Here are a few of beycome’s quick tips for taking memorable photos:
- All photos should be bright and in focus, so people can clearly see them.
- Use the landscape orientation for optimal focus.
- Prepare the room before shooting (clear away extra items or trash).
Getting the Structure in Place
The best way to organize the layout of a graphic is from top to bottom, with the most important elements being at the top. You can break up the text with photos. Most online tools will allow you to make graphics this way.
It’s probably tempting to get really creative with your real estate graphics, but even the best FSBO / FRBO deal in the world means little if the structure is confusing. You want someone to easily read through the materials. Getting carried away with tons of color combinations and fonts will only distract from the message. Clean, simple design can also be memorable when used right.
How to Stand Out
Content, photos, structure? Check.
Now that you’ve got a plan in place, you can incorporate new elements to rise above the competition. Use pops of color, geographic shapes, texture and more to give dimension to an otherwise neutral graphic.
The trick to doing this well is a balance. For example, to give FSBO (and FRBO) yard signs more of a contrast, use a bright color (red) for the text against a neutral background (white). This will really capture someone’s attention. You can also achieve contrast with fonts. Try using a non-traditional script font as a header and then a plain font for the supporting text. As long as you don’t let your message get lost among these details, feel free to test new ways to impress real estate prospects. Your online beycome tools will definitely come in handy!
Want some design inspiration? We’ve found these handy, beautiful examples of real estate flyers to get you started. Pinterest is another well-loved favorite to see what others are doing in terms of signage and digital graphics.
Now all that’s left is to equip you with the right tools. Some really great free tools include:
- Canva: Posters, flyers, and more
- Recite: Simple text on pre-made backgrounds
- Pablo: Place text on copyright-free photos
- Snappa: Social media, ads, and blogs
When you choose FSBO and FRBO services with beycome, you receive a full yard sign display for your property. This personalized yard sign comes complete with a QR code that takes sellers directly to your property’s dedicated webpage. Our simple flyer creator tool helps you modify our in-house templates or create a new one from scratch. Save, create, and update an unlimited amount of times, then print it from your home! Take your real estate marketing to the next level with beycome.